Maple Tips and Ideas
Delicious by itself, its flavor enhances the taste of many other foods. In addition to waffles and pancakes, try it on ice cream or drizzle it on a bowl of mixed fruits. In addition to these recipes, maple syrup can be While maple syrup is substituted for sugar in many recipes.
When substituting, use 1-1/2 cups of pure maple syrup for each cup of granulated sugar and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda for each cup of maple
syrup used. When maple syrup is substituted for all sugar in a recipe, reduce the amount of liquid used by one half, If maple syrup is substituted for half the sugar, reduce liquid amounts by one-fourth.
Try these ideas…
- Carrots glazed with maple syrup, butter and a pinch of dry mustard.
- Acorn squash baked with 2 tablespoons maple syrup, salt and pepper in each cavity.
- To make Maple Cotton Candy, mix 1/3 pure granulated maple sugar to 2/3 white cane sugar and proceed as normal with a cotton candy machine.
- Blend a small amount of maple syrup with commercial marshmallow cream for a delicious sundae sauce.
- Warm maple syrup with rum added to taste, makes a superb sauce for vanilla ice cream.
For More Great Maple Recipes…….’tap’ on the link !
MORE wonderful recipes HERE!